Information for #Costumers and #Cosplayers interested in participating in the #FarpointConvention #Masquerade #CostumeContest:
- The event is scheduled for Saturday evening 2/11/23 at 8:00 pm in the Valley Ballroom. Registration for the contest begins Saturday morning and runs from 10 am to 4 pm. The registration desk for the contest is next to convention registration in the downstairs level of the hotel convention center.
- Our celebrity guests Carlos Alazraqui and Rylee Alazraqui will be participating as judges.
- There is no entry fee to participate in the contest.
- Costumers and Cosplayers of all ages and experience levels may participate. You may present a short (3 min or less) skit or simply walk on stage and display your costume to its best advantage. If you want to develop a skit or presentation, we have a Presentation Workshop on Saturday morning to help.
- If your presentation uses audio cues, you must bring the clip on physical media to turn in when you register for the contest. The bandwidth on the hotel and convention center’s WiFI systems is in high demand during the convention and asking the Technical Team to download the clip from an online source cannot be guaranteed successful due to the high usage. Bringing the clip yourself already on a thumb drive is best.
Questions about the Masquerade Costume Contest can be addressed to Masquerade@FarpointCon.com